Does Google consider SEO to be spam?
The answer is no. SEO is not spam: There is an enormous amount you can do that is white hat as a search engine optimiser.
- Make sure your pages are accessible to the search engines.
- Use the right keywords.
- Usability – making sure that the design of the website is good for users and for search engines.
- Make your site faster. Google considers speed of download as an important factor.
- Some SEOs go further than Google would like including black hat techniques that are unacceptable, or sneaky things with redirects.
- Google’s goal is to return the best possible results.
- Google is trying to find out about synonyms.
- SEO can assist Google to provide the information people are looking for.
- There are webmaster guidelines provided by Google.
- If you can find someone you can trust with good references – use them.